BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

30 Weeks

This week Emily is just around 16 inches long (she'll add another 4 or 5 inches before she's born). She weighs in just around 3 lbs, but she's still got a lot of weight to put on and will more than double her weight in the next 10 weeks.

This weekend is my first baby shower. My wonderful friends from work have put a lot of time and energy into things, and I'm really looking forward to it!! I can't believe it's already here!!! The shower will be held at my house, so I've been busy cleaning and organizing so I can have everyone over.

We got more information from our Lawyer today and have a few more forms to fill out and submit to the court. It looks like everything is on track though. What a relief that is!!!

To our surprise, we got a good amount of snow today!! Yep...SNOW! It snowed lightly back on Sept. 21 and then again earlier this week, but neither of those times was enough to stick. That changed today!! It snowed most of the afternoon, and even got heavy at times. Our deck is covered in a fresh layer of snow and the ground is covered in patches. I have to admit I wasn't quite ready for snow yet! I had just found all of my sweaters!! It seems like Colorado has completely skipped fall and went straight from summer into winter! Haha! It is supposed to snow more this weekend, and I've heard it could be up to a few inches!

The time is nearing for our trips to CA. The first during the first week of November when we'll be driving to CA to leave my car. During that trip Mema, Bonnie, and Patti have graciously offered to throw me another baby shower for all of my friends and family back home in CA. I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life who put time and energy into doing these wonderful things for us! Just a few short weeks after that trip we'll be returning to CA to get ready for Emily's arrival (if she doesn't decide to show up a little early). I can't believe she's due in just 10 short weeks. These past few months have flown by!! It's hard to believe we first learned of Emily when she was just 9 weeks along!! It won't be long now until I'm finally a mommy!!!! :)

0 comments: