BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Emily is one month old!


December 30, Emily turned 1 month old. I can't believe how fast that went by!!! She is still the perfect baby (yes, I might be biased!). She is now sleeping in her own crib at night and only waking up to eat and be changed (around 3am and 6-7am). Emily is up to 3-4 ounces of breast milk or formula at a time now! Quite a change from the 1/2 ounce she was taking in the hospital when she was first born! We weighed her on the scale at home and measured her length and she's now about 8 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long!! She's gained almost 2 lbs since birth and has grown a whole inch! Emily loves her play mat and is starting to look more at the things hanging above her little head. My favorite is when you old her, and she just stares at your face!!! She'll sometimes try to mimic your facial expressions, and has even given a couple of smiles (though we're still not 100% sure they're not gas smiles, lol). Emily is adjusting well to live in Colorado. It's been really cold, so she hasn't been outside other than transfers from the car to inside, but when it starts to warm up, we look forward to talking lots of walks with her and Champ! We picked up and assembled our glider the other day, and Emily loves to be rocked in it. We are loving life as parents...and every day is so special to us. Being a mommy is the best feeling in the world, and I pinch myself every morining I wake up and see Emily's sweet little face.

As promised, here are some pictures from our trip home, and some pictures of our little 1 month old!!!

At Deacon Daves on Christmas Eve
Me, Emily and my Dad
How long is this road trip?
The car was packed full, and we had to strap stuff to the roof too!!!



"I'm so over this car seat thing!"
"I knew I should have bought myself a plane ticket!"
"I'm really liking this king size bed thing!"
My best friend, Liz, surprised us with decorations!!! :)

Our new glider :)
Our angel sleeping in her crib



Play time by the warm fire


My Family :)

0 comments: