BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!


Wow...2010!! 2009 was quite a year!! So many life changes, both good and bad. This year I turned 30. I was actually excited about this because I viewed 30 as the beginning to a new decade, and hopefully the best decade of my life. Losing my mom was by far the worst thing to happen this year. I miss her so much. Sometimes I still forget she's gone, and I think "I've gotta call my mom and tell her about this!" I know she's watching over us though, and I talk to her every time I pray. Richard, unfortunately, lost his mom this year too. I know that this means Emily has two guardian angels looking out for her. The best thing to happen this year was becoming a mommy. I can't describe in words how this feels. I am so happy all of the time. Having Emily here has completed our family and I love seeing her sweet face every single day!!! I have 4 weeks of leave left, and will enjoy every second. I'm lucky enough to only have to work 2 nights a week, so even when I go back I'll still get to spend a lot of time with Emily.

We spent our new years eve at home with some goodies and playing pinochle. The night was pretty quiet until about 11:30 when we let champ outside. We left the door open, and a couple of minutes later heard him barking like crazy, but in a weird way. I thought NO WAY, and screamed. I ran out the door and stomped my feet on the deck and clapped my hands, then I saw two coyotes running across the green belt! One of them stopped about half way through and then turned to look back at us!! I clapped again and yelled and it slowly ran away going north. I spotted the second one going north as well. Eric said he saw one run south. So, there were at least three of the stupid dogs running around our neighborhood. I have really had it with coyotes!!!! The only injury Champ had was a small wound on his butt, so we're wondering if maybe he just backed into a tree branch. It was bleeding, but has stopped. He's able to go to the bathroom fine, which is what we were worried about. There were no other marks and no slobber on him. He seems to be doing fine. After the last attack we installed a large spot light in the back yard and would no longer shut the door at night when he was going to the bathroom...but now we're going to have to physically go outside with him every single time at night. You just never know when there is going to be a coyote (or two or three...) out there. It makes me nervous that we have a pack of coyotes running around our home only 20 feet from our back door, especially when our fence is only about 3 feet high and covered only by chicken wire. I know they coyotes are only doing what is natural to them, but I nobody messed with my Champ and gets away with it!!! Next time I see one...the BB gun comes out (I would say the rifle...but I don't think that's allowed, lol). Anyway...

I look forward to what 2010 has in store for us. I know it's going to be the best year of our lives yet!

Happy new year to everyone from Me, Eric, Emily and Champ. We hope your year is spent surrounded by the people you love and is filled with many happy memories!!!!

0 comments: