BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

27 Weeks

This week marks the last week of the second trimester! As of today we only have 89 days left until Emily's estimated arrival!! At 27 weeks Emily is about 15 inches long and weighs in around 2 lbs. She's about the size of an eggplant.

This week Emily is opening and closing her eyes and her eyelashes are starting to grow. At this point you might be able to feel her little movements when she gets the hiccups!

Eric and I can't wait to hold our baby girl in our arms, and December is just around the corner!! I can't believe we're already half way through September!

The airplane chandelier Eric and I ordered for Emily's nursery arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm hoping we'll be able to put it up today. I've changed out a light fixture before, but not a chandelier, so I think this will be a little more work. Luckily, Eric is home this time and we can work together. I'll post some pictures when we get it installed!

I was thinking about going and buying a baby doll today. Crystal, one of my closest friends gave me the idea. She said to carry the doll around like you would a baby. Talk to it, play with it, cuddle with it...that way Champ can get used to a baby being around. Luckily Champ is a good dog. He's just really playful, so if we get get him used to being gentle to the baby before she even arrives things will be so much easier at home!

In news outside of the baby realm, Eric and I are getting ready to work on the deck. We need to restain and reseal it. We haven't had much rain since early July, and no rain is forecasted in the next few days, so now's the time. I'll be able to help Eric today, tomorrow and early Sunday. On Sunday evening I'm headed to Colorado Springs with Bre, a friend from work, for a two day advanced fetal monitoring course. It should be interresting! Since so much of what we do is based on fetal monitoring in L&D this class should be great and I hope to learn a lot that will help me be even better at my job! I'll be gone until Tuesday evening and then I work on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm spoiled and not used to this 5 days of work thing...LOL!!!

Well, I think I'm going to get up and clean the house a bit while Eric is at Centennial Airport. He's taking the Cessna up to get ready for his biannual flight review at the end of the month. I can't believe it's already been two years since he got his pilot's license!

0 comments: