BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Finished painting the nursery

Today Eric and I had a lot of fun painting the rest of the nursery. I ended up lowering the chair rail. I thought it was too high, and it was bugging me so I went online and found out that a chair rail is typically 36 inches high in a room with an 8 foot ceiling. Well, I had eyeballed it and put it at 41 inches. Eric helped me re-tape the line and then we got to work. I was put on call for tonight, so I was able to say home and paint. It took us a few hours, but we finally finished. I think it looks great. I love the colors! We figure if the baby is a boy then we'll go with a white chair rail and if the baby is a girl it'll be pink. Here are some pictures of the walls all painted.

(We used Behr paint in Monaco (the blue) and Toffee Crunch (the brown). We went with a flat finish.

How the room started off today:


After we got the blue on the walls:


Closet


Bedroom door:


Time for the brown:


The wall where the crib will eventually go:


The closet again:



Finally fishished (except for removing all of the tape and putting up the chair rail!)


On another note, Eric and I just happend to drive past a garage sale a block away from us and spotted a table with 3 chairs. We had yet to buy a breakfast table and decided to stop and take a look. The set is missing one chair, but for $20 we couldn't turn it down! It looks great in our kitchen!!! :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Last but not least, here's a little video of the thunderstorm we had tonight. Lots of lightning! :) The video was shot from one of the upstairs bedroom windows looking north.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

You all have done a wonderful job in the nursery! I love the idea of painting it the way you want it and then leaving the color of the chair rail up to whether your baby is a boy or a girl. It really is too adorable! Also really great find on the table and chairs! I can't believe what a steal that was. Congratulations!