BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We are parents

Our beautiful Emily Kathryn entered the world on November 30, 2009 at 10:27pm. She weighs 6 lbs. 9 oz. and is 19 inches long. She is just beautiful. She has rosy cheeks and a head full of light brown hair. I can't stop staring at her.

Lori had been in early labor for the last week and today started having regular contractions about every 5 minutes at 2:30pm. We left for the hospital around 4:45 and picked up Eric and Kylie along the way. When we got to San Ramon Medical Center they hooked Lori up to the monitors. She was running a fever of 102 and Emily's heart rate was well above 200! It was odd because at her appointment early in the day she had no fever. They started an IV and gave her some tylenol. That helped bring her fever down and Emily's heart rate returned to normal. Lori progressed quickly. She was 4cm at admission and was soon at 5 and then 6. She went to 8cm and not long later was 10 cm and ready to push. She didn't push for long, and then Emily was born, crying, into our arms. Dr. Vogel was amazing and the delivery was great. I texted a picture of Emily to Eric and said "you're a daddy!" Once they got Lori ready after delivery Eric came in and met his daughter for the first time. I cried. Seeing him hold our daughter was a moment I'll never forget. He fed her her first bottle and I showed him how to burp her. Her nurse, Brook (who is AWESOME) gave Emily her first bath. We were able to spend a lot of time with Lori, Richard and Kylie after the delivery which was so nice. Lori is amazing. She is doing so well and even wanted to hold Emily. She is so excited to be an aunt, and to make us parents.

I have a lot of pictures to post, but we'll have to get the cable to connect the camera to the computer from Mema and Papa's tomorrow (or later today as it is now 2:30am). I'll post them as soon as I can.

Well, Emily is due to eat now so I'd better log off. I need some sleep too! Thank you all...and I'll be posting much more soon!!!

0 comments: