BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

24 Weeks


Holy Cow, where has the time gone!! We're already 24 weeks. That means we have 16 weeks, at the most, until Emily arrives!!!

Here are some interesting facts about a baby at 24 weeks...This week Emily is about 13.5 inches long (head to toe) and weighs in at about 1.25 lbs. She'll start putting on more fat at this point and will gain an extra 5oz to 6oz a per week. Her lungs are continuing to develop and produce surfactant, getting ready for life on the outside! Basically from here on out, Emily is just getting bigger and stronger and getting ready for birth. All of her organs are formed and functioning, she has fingerprints, taste buds, can hear, and can sense changes in light.

I spoke to our lawyer again two days ago and he said he would put the packet in the mail. I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow. He's in Europe for 3 weeks, go figure, so we'll file our papers with the court when he gets back.

The nursery is basically finished. Eric and I are probably going to order an airplane chandelier for the room, since right now we just have a normal ol' ceiling light in there. The chandelier will be one of the finishing touches!

I'm so excited to be flying to CA this weekend. It's Patti's birthday on the 30th, and we're going camping in Fort Bragg. I haven't been there in forever! I have such great memories of camping trips there almost every summer when we were kids, and it's also where Eric proposed! I'm so excited to get to see my family again...it's been over 4 months! I'll also get to see Lori on this trip, and can't wait to feel my baby move! It's going to be a fun and exciting week. I'll post again when I get back, and I should have some nice pictures to share too :)!

0 comments: